I have worked on dozens of national, state, and local political campaigns and advocacy campaigns, all for Dems or progressive candidates / causes, and usually the candidates I work for end up winning.
Obama Campaign Alum
- Started as an Obama Organizing Fellow in 2007.
- Finished the Obama Campaign as a Deputy Field Organizer.
- Worked as a community organizer for Organizing for America after Obama’s election.
- Invited by White House to meet President Obama in 2009
Fmr. Democratic Party Official
- At the age of 20, I became the youngest-ever-elected chair of my local Dem Party.
- In the year (a non-presidential, off-year… always less favorable to DEMs) that I served as Chairman of my local Dem Party:
- Our county started the year represented by one Democrat and one Republican in the State Assembly and a Republican in the State Senate, to a Democrat in every one of those seats.
- Led the fight against Scott Walker and the Republican Legislature’s attacks on public sector unions in Wisconsin.
Fmr. Elected Official & Candidate
In 2009, at the age of 19, I ran a progressive campaign for local office against two longtime incumbents much older than I was… I lost by three votes. Then, in 2014, I ran for a county-level office as a progressive candidate against a well-funded conservative… and I won.
Andrew Yang Supporter Turned #1 Critic
- In 2019, after becoming jaded with politics and developing PTSD* after being defamed, I found myself drawn to the candidacy of Andrew Yang.
- Eventually, I joined HumanityFWD, as a strategic consultant and then as the organization’s National Political Director.
- After a series of events, I saw who Yang really was and did everything I could to hold his feet to the fire after he dropped out of the race for president.
- When Yang announced his candidacy for mayor of New York, I did everything I could to inform New Yorkers, NYC progressive activists, and journalists, about who Yang really is, what his greatest weaknesses are, and why he needs to be stopped. My work led directly to numerous disastrous news stories about Yang who, thankfully, would be prevented from becoming mayor of NYC.
- As I became more and more involved in the NYC mayors race and spent more and more time interacting with incredible progressive activists and electeds in NYC, I remembered who I really was politically - a proud progressive.